We want to equip all staff with the knowledge to create a trauma-informed environment.
Our trainings build on the Attachment, Self-Regulation, and Competency (ARC) framework, an evidence-based therapeutic model that is effective in helping children and adults who care for them address the negative impact of trauma.
- Ten, two-hour training sessions delivered by a Trauma Smart Trainer. Click here for descriptions of each training.
- Delivery is approximately one-third didactic, one-third discussion, and one-third hands-on participation to reach all learners.
- Provides prevention-based tools and skills that can be applied in real life.
- Includes materials that staff can utilize in their role right away! To see some examples, please visit our Resources page.
- Builds on the ARC Model developed by Kinniburg and Blaustein. Full reference: Blaustein, M. and Kinniburg, K. (2010). Treating Traumatic Stress in Children and Adolescents: How to Foster Resilience through Attachment, Self-Regulation, and Competency: New York, New York: Guildford Press.
I have truly enjoyed the Trauma Smart training sessions. Some of it was very painful for me, due to my own trauma, but it helped me to better understand why I react to situations the way that I do. It is very difficult for me to feel like I’m less than perfect in my job performance. Any mistake, and I beat myself up for days. Thank you for this training.
This has been an incredible journey incrementally growing my understanding and learning and create paths and patterns for personal change and being an agent of change for others.
Early Childhood Educational Coach
I am actually going to miss having Trauma Smart training — but I have no doubt it was useful. I think this was some of the best PD we have had all year (or actually since I started teaching).
Charter School Teacher
Trauma smart has really helped me with learning different ways to handle situations for myself and with children. It has helped with building better relationships with those around me.
Head Start Teacher
We are using information from all the training across the agency to shift our whole organization’s trauma lens.
Early Learning Director
The Trauma training gives moms a better understanding of children’s behaviors. It also helps moms see yourself better as a person and as teachers.
Pre - K teacher and Mom
Trauma Smart Training has enabled me to look at staff and children’s behaviors/emotions from a nurturing lens. The brain as a car method is used daily.
Head Start Teacher
Trauma Smart has opened my eyes and made me a new, more aware individual, in my work environment and my personal life. It is so amazing how you will realize compassion for humanity…I personally, would not have handled the pandemic well if it were not for Trauma Smart.
Head Start Education Manager